Are you a small business owner looking for new ways to make more money and increase your customer base? Even large businesses sometimes flounder in trying to find new ways to dominate the competition. Marketing, advertising, and sales – Oh, my! I’ve put together six simple and inexpensive things you can do right now to get an edge up on the competition, gain the market share you crave, and garner the attention to get your business to the next level.
- Get social media savvy.Aside from the time spent, this is an activity that is free. I know, I know. You are too busy working and having a personal life to sit in front of a computer on social media. But, remember, social media and the internet are big business tools for those that make the investment. There are a variety of ways people are connecting in business using social media, so it should be pretty easy to find one or two places you can begin to explore how your business can benefit, even if you have just a few minutes a day. Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and LinkedIn are just a few. Spending a little time now and again on social media will put you in a better position against your competitors who are not.
- Have a professional website and quality social media profiles and update them – regularly!A lot of businesses have websites and profiles on several social media sites. The problem is when they get created and then never touched again, or they are not created with the quality image you need to get noticed. Having a professional website and keeping it fresh by consistently adding valuable content means people will have new things to look at when they are in the market for your services, whether they are new or returning customers. Don’t forget to optimize your website for SEO and be mobile-friendly. After all, 80% of time spent on social media is done on mobile devices.
- Create the exact content your client wants.To create more success, sooner, you really need to know your client – and give him what he wants. Content is a priceless way to keep in touch, educate about your products and share your successes. Anticipate the questions people will be searching for that your product or service answers. Send it in emails, newsletters, social media, and…
- Post a blog.This can be a hurdle if you are not a writer, however, the benefits of creating new ways to reach out to your customer base can prove priceless when you see the advantages to your business. Poke around your industry and see what your competitors are doing. Find the biggest companies and check out their sites and see what they are doing on social media. My guess is they are taking advantage of it, and they have a blog. Create a voice that will bring you name recognition to those looking. The result? More people talking about you, and more new customers from referrals. Blog posts can run the gamut from recent industry news, new products, updated service offerings, or interesting factoids.
- Give it away!When you are doing little things to update your website and providing new ways to engage your customer, giveaways lock in the business. Give Mr. Customer a reason to call you RIGHT NOW – not later. Attach a coupon to your blog or email blast. Give a discount for mentioning a blog, or reward a referral bonus for sending someone your way. You can get creative with the incentives, and when you do, your customer gets excited to do more business with you.
- Post testimonials – often!Have a satisfied customer? Make sure to ask for a testimonial. This helps in two ways. One, if he doesn’t want to provide one, you can fix whatever went wrong so you will have 100% customer satisfaction. And, two, when he says yes, you get another person talking about his wonderful experience doing business with you. You’ll share this quote with others, put it on your website, include it in your blogs and post it to social media. Priceless credibility.
Doing any of the above actions is going to help your business. If you don’t have much time, or money to hire someone to help you, do what you can with the time and expertise you have now. As long as you are doing something to take advantage of social media and the internet, you are on the right track. If you could use some help with marketing, building up your social profiles, writing content or creating a winning marketing plan, let us know. We are happy to work with you and your budget to create new ways to reach your customer, and create more chances for your business to succeed.
Mention this blog and get a 15% discount!
Need help with creating a kick-butt website, building your brand or making informative videos? We have tons of business associates we can refer you to.