Y’know, I was thinking about what I could share with you that would inspire and brighten your day. “What would inspire me?” I asked myself.
There are not many things I like more than a good success story, so I found a few I could pass on to you. I hope you feel inspired and appreciative of your own wonderful life by hearing how others have overcome loads of obstacles before they saw their fabulous success.
- K. Rowling’s first Harry Potter book was rejected dozens of times (and word is, she was too broke to buy a computer so hand-typed each submission) before it sold.
- After over 60 rejections, Stephen King’s first short story, The Glass Floor, sold for only $35. Even Carrie received dozens of rejections and didn’t succeed until the second publisher stepped in.
- Harland “Colonel” Sanders retired a broke man, and slept in his car while he was peddling his “secret chicken recipe”, being rejected over 1000 times before finding his first partner. Who hasn’t tasted his recipe at Kentucky Fried Chicken?
- Samuel L Jackson was a social worker before becoming an actor and didn’t get his breakout role in Pulp Fiction until he was 45 years old.
- Morgan Freeman was cast in his first big acting role, in Driving Miss Daisy, at age 52.
- Fashion maven Vera Wang didn’t start her career as a designer until she was 40.
- Rodney Dangerfield worked the comedy circuit incessantly until he hit it big with his breakout appearance on “The Ed Sullivan Show” at 46 years old.
- Julia Child wrote her first cookbook at 50!
I want you to create a super cool dreamlike story like these. Keep pursuing your dreams – persistently and tenaciously. You decide what success means to you. Believe in yourself.
I believe in you.