I can’t tell you how many small business owners and entrepreneurs that say “I don’t need a blog for my business” when asked if they think having one would get them more customers.
Hmmm…. Food for thought:
A doctor, lawyer or other specialist can educate his clients (and potential clients!) by posting blogs that address concerns – concerns people have right before they start looking for answers.
Local businesses such as a fitness studio, dry cleaner, or automotive repair shop can get the neighborhood clientele they crave by having an up-to-date website and blog. Why? In this case, an updated website and blog is going to help the locals see your business and communication style, your integrity level, your mood and happiness level, even your sense of humor – yes, all this! This will heighten your local reputation and get the feet walking away from your competitor and right into your front door. Foot traffic to get new business is quickly becoming an antiquated thing of the past.
When I’m looking for a product or service, big or small, I use the internet. When I wanted to find a park in our new neighborhood, and the nearest dog groomer, I got on Google. I looked at websites, and I read articles. I like that I can do this whenever I want, and I don’t have to deal with a pesky salesperson. Aren’t we all operating this way now? Shouldn’t we be?
If you offer your product or service online, and can work with anyone in the world, whether you are a retailer, a consultant, or a writer (like me), blogging is absolutely essential. How will you get any attention otherwise?
Here are some jaw-dropping blog figures from early 2015:
- 23% of all internet usage is devoted to social networks and blogs.
- 81% of online consumers trust information they receive from blogs.
- 67% more leads arrive at B2B companies that blog vs. those that do not.
- 37% of marketers say blogs are more valuable than any other type of content marketing.
Not convinced? Ok, even more reasons why you should blog:
- 126% more leads are generated by small businesses that blog!
- 97% of websites with blogs have 97% more indexed pages.
- 90% of consumers find customer content useful.
- 82% of consumers enjoy reading relevant content from brands they use or follow.
- 61% of US consumers made a purchase based on a blog post!
You need to use social media to promote your website and blog. 72% of the all internet users are active on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.). By age:
- 89% of 18-29 year olds use social media.
- 72% of 30-49 year olds do.
- 60% of 50-60 year olds do.
- 43% of those over 65 do.
Even with the whooping social media stats above, less than 20% of small to medium businesses have even a Facebook page, and even fewer have accounts on LinkedIn and Twitter!
Of those entrepreneurs who have a blog for their business: 76% want to share expertise about their brand, 70% do it to get recognition for their business, and 68% blog to get new clients.
Think about it.
Your blog, and the content on your website, will bring you more work, 24/7. No question. You will be sleeping, or at the beach with your family, and your blog and website will be visited by those looking for answers… answers YOU can provide. Using social media to announce your site and blog will garner even more attention, and the stats only go up from there.
No matter what you provide, you need a blog. And you need to use social media to really get your business booming!
We can help.