Six Simple Ways to Create More Business Demand!!
Small business owners are always saying they would like to be making more money and increasing their customer base. Even large businesses sometimes flounder in trying to find new ways to get people interested in their product or service. News Alert: There are some very simple things you can do RIGHT NOW to get the word out about your (fantastic!) business and move faster than a snail’s pace on the road to real success!
- Get social media savvy.This can be a scary step for a lot of people that are so busy working and having a personal life that they don’t have the extra time to sit in front of a computer “twittering”. But, remember, there are a variety of ways people are connecting with each other using the internet. So, it should be pretty easy to find one or two places you can begin to explore how it works and how your business can benefit, even if you have just a few minutes a day. Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and LinkedIn are just a few. Once you get a little education here, you will then need to….
- Update your website – regularly! Most businesses have websites. The trouble is that they were created and then never touched again. Keeping your site fresh means people will have new things to look at when they are in the market for what you have to offer. And, once they are there, you need them to keep coming back….
- Create content your customer wants.One major way to have the success you crave sooner than later is to really know your customer – and then give him what he wants. “Content” basically means communication. Anticipate the questions your customers have that your product or service can answer. One excellent way to do this.…
- Write a blog.This can be a hurdle if you are not a writer and a business owner, however, the benefits of creating new ways to reach out to your customer base can prove priceless when you see the advantages to your business. You can create an atmosphere where you will have more name recognition, more people talking about you (and your posts!) and more new customers from referrals. And you don’t need to always invent things to write about. Posts can run the gamut from recent industry news, new product or service offerings, how-to’s, or anything that answers a burning question. Then….
- Give carrots away!When you are doing little things to update your website and providing new ways to engage your customer, you need to give them carrots. Mr. Customer needs a reason to call you right now – not later and not tomorrow. So, give out carrots. Attach a coupon to your blog or email blast. Give a discount for mentioning a blog, or reward a referral bonus for sending someone your way. You can get creative with the carrots, and when you do, your customer gets excited to do more business with you. And, never forget to….
- Post testimonials – often!Is your customer satisfied? Make sure to ask him if he got everything he expected. This helps in two ways. One, if he didn’t, you still have time to fix it so you will have 100% customer satisfaction. And, two, when he says yes, you can ask him to provide a quote about his wonderful experience doing business with you. You’ll share this quote with others, on your website, in your blogs and tweets. Voila!
Understand that doing any of the above is going to help your business. But, do get started! Do what you can with the time and expertise you have now. As long as you are doing something, you are on the road to success! And know that there are people that can help support your efforts to make the transition to social media marketing a much easier one. If you could use some help with writing content (surely the scariest and hardest part for a non-writer), let us know. We are happy to work with you and your budget to create new ways to reach your customer, and have more chances to succeed.
Here’s to your very bright future!